Hey Floyd.

After all that's been said, do you really need me to wade in at the end? Well, you got it anyway!

Generally great, as usual. Listened to both versions and definitely came down on the side of those who preferred the full backing. Everything about the production and performance is polished and professional, as are all your tracks these days and the lyrics are excellent.

So why only "generally" great? One or two people picked up on the solo - Gregg and Herb I think - and that's the only aspect which I thought was suspect. For me, it wasn't so much the reverb, or the guitar sound, as the phrasing. Whilst I've become a great fan of RTs recently, I think one has to be very careful that solos, particularly guitar, don't have phrasing which sounds unnatural for the instrument. In this case I found it hard to imagine anyone playing that solo. It still had the feel of several solos spliced together to fit the chords and some of the transitions appeared a bit uneasy.

It's rare for me to find anything to criticise in your tracks, so I hope you'll forgive me this time!

Still waiting for the Rock Ballad!

ROG.