Tim, a fellow songwriter and musician/singer I've known for some time in another forum, came to me with a scratch vocal/guitar track on a new song idea he had and I assisted with some advice on lyrics and the music. Tim considers it a co-write so I can post this.

We have spent the last month or better working on this song....and as we worked, the song actually took several different directions. This is but 1 of 3 versions to it. I have 2 versions and Tim has his own mix. We both worked from the same tracks. This version is more country than either of the other 2.

On my version, here's the BB/RB tracks

B3
Steel guitar
part of the BASS track from the second verse on
Part of the Drum track from the beginning to where the bass comes in. AD take over at that point.

Tim sings it. I'm playing acoustic and electric guitars

Mixing & production from my studio.

HARD WAY

If you would like to hear Tim's version you can find it here: Tim's Version

Hope you enjoy it.

Lyrics:

IT'S A HARD WAY TO LIVE

I tried to go my own way, but you know there's a price to pay when you're runnin' from the hands that made you.
I thought I knew best. I said hell with the rest..I couldn't see what hard livin' had done to me.

And it's a hard , hard way to live. It's a hard, hard way to live.

I didn't want to believe, I didn't really see the need, I was lookin', but I still hadn't found.
I was standin' all alone, with a heart made of stone, and on my face...always a frown.

It's a hard, hard way to live, It's a hard hard way to live.

Well I finally saw the light, I gave up without a fight. I can't believe, the kind of man I used to be.
I'm free at last, all my wrongs are in the past, The Lord can change any man, take it from me.

It's a good, good way to live,It's a good good way to live.

It's a good good way to live.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/30/14 11:15 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.