Hi Pat,
some of the people that come I could almost agree about Obi Wan and Han wink

Thanks for the lovely compliment about our playing too. Jack, on the bass, has been playing for so long I think he knows every tune that's ever been written! Vince, clarinet (and sax) has played for a very long time too - I've learned a lot just from litening to these two guys.

Our normal bass player, Ian, also plays a bunch of other instruments, including a button accordeon that he sometimes brings. "La Vie en Rose" never sounded so good wink

Rob, usual drummer (not in the vid), played in the RAN for decades. He knows 'em all too and has a great feel, but he sure can be a grumpy old b@stard laugh

Peter on the guitar - I actually don't know a lot about him, but he's pretty good too.

Lorant on the piano - he's been around so long I think he WROTE all the tunes Jack knows laugh He plays a mean guitar too.

These guys were great for me to get a start with.

Brian, trumpet, is a little like me - really just getting started at improv but I must say, he's improving quickly - that vid is getting on now and he has clearly been putting in work since it was taken.

============
Hi Sonny Ray,
the venue is really good - where we play you don't normally hear the surf, we're right on the beach but about 7 or 8 metres above it so the sound seems to dissipate - it's not normally heavy surf anyway.

The beach is called Macmasters Beach and is on the NSW Central Coast. Takes me about 20 minutes to drive there from where I live.

===============
Hey Musiclover,
I'd like to mention that there is an enormous difference playing to a live audience than any other environment - you get feedback from the crowd.

Sometimes it's really mild and you think "Nope, I haven't connected" and other times they clap and cheer, or better still, get up and dance (that's my favourite!). The interaction between you and them can really change how a gig goes down - every one is different.

A good crowd can really inspire your playing and you come up with lines you had no idea were in you, other crowds can make you feel like the sound is just "dribbling down your chin"

I encourage you to get out there. If you're most comfortable as a solo artist, find a quiet spot for a start and go busking. If you have a couple of mates you could go out with to play you'll gain courage from the company. It's the first time or 2 that take a little effort to get over the nerves, after that it's pure enjoyment!

'Ave a go mate!

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!