Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice retro sounding old style country tune.

You have some really cool lyrical phrases in there too... sew the wings on a butterfly.... talk those apples right into a pie.... Love it!!!!

nice writing.

So... on the solo, it loses it's groove. Did you use a dobro straight pattern instead of a dobro swing? It sounds like the lead is straight and the rest of the band's swinging. Gotta watch the details.

Man, I can't get away with anything around here! Just kidding.

First, I value your critiques and I'm thrilled you like the song, Herb, thank you.

On the recording.... Yeah. The sw solos I found were so Texas/Western Swing, not at all what I was after. But, the ev solos had all the cool riffs and the twang I wanted. I think my best option on this is to work out my own guitar lead and play that. As you noted, I went with some ev Brent guitar and some ev resonator to create an instrumental which is a compromise, and prolly not a real good one. The vocal could be better too. This one is a one-take I recorded to edit the RT's, kept it, and then used Nectar 2 for some harmonies. I'm planning to use Melodyne on my next projects, have been watching the tutorials, and I have some songbird friends who are going to sing harmonies on some songs too.

Thanks again for taking the time, Herb.

Scott