Greg, thank you for the comments. Yes this is definitely a guts song. I did play the solo. In bits, I had to comp it as I haven't practiced playing in quite some time and my chops have suffered.

Al-David, glad you stopped in for a listen and liked what you heard.

JosieC, thank you. With so few instruments in the arrangement the organ was able to penetrate and shine.

floyd, thanks. The final tracks were a work of addition by subtraction. I first eliminated everything I had added to the original style and in the end I even deleted one of the rhythm guitars from the song style, which left guitar, organ, bass ,drums

(ps, send the girls over and I'll fire up the mics)

Guitarhacker, thank you. It was a bit tricky to build momentum with so few instruments but I'm happy to hear you think it worked.

Guenter, thank you. The RealTracks definitely fit the vibe of this one right off.

John, thanks. I hadn't thought of Costello but I agree with you

RichMac thank you. Yes there was a time when I lived those lyrics. But I'm happy now that it's in the past.

R&Am, thank you. I will keep the songs coming. After about a year of posting I have finally gotten to a group of songs that I've written over the last several years but never recorded. And thank you for the mixing note regarding the vocal maybe being to hot, I will listen for it.