Originally Posted By: gruverider
Wow! I want to write one like this! Your vocal phrasing here is amazing. The melody is not a simple one against the sparse instrumental background of your chosen palette and you nailed it. The instruments that you went with are nothing short of inspired! And the lyrics could not be more perfect, a superb portrait of your heroine. They evoke the very best of Tom Waits to me.

Geez, Lawrence... that's just a few too many nice things to handle all at once. LOL. "write one like that.." - I know when I say that it's pretty high praise - been doing it a lot lately - listening to Brandy Clark's "12 Stories" - maybe the best country CD ever penned - songwriting the way it should be done! Appreciate the note on instrumentation. I was going for the feeling you get when you watch a piano singer-songwriter doing this type of song. Kind of surprised that no one has noted the piano track choice... and "..the very best of Tom Waits" - I might have to print that out and tack it on my wall!

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Very moving song with a great vocal. Really like the piano too. Josie

Thanks Josie. Appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd,

as others have already said: It's just beautiful.
And I like the background story.
Another one of your songs that really reached
my heart. Guenter

Guenter - Thank you. Always good to know when a song touches the right places...