Originally Posted By: Charlie McG
Great job. Enjoyed it a lot. Very pretty.

Charlie - thanks...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, I used to work alongside this grizzled old cigar chomping ex marine who offhandedly says to me one day...The definition of a pessimist is an optimist with experience. It hit me then that life is a struggle for everyone and it all comes down to attitude as to how well you handle your struggle. This song is a perfect slice of real life staged with a character that most of us might have seen at one time or another. Brilliant writing ! The vocal is close to perfect in delivering the emotion and still telling the story. The phrasing is trademark fj. Piano sounds good. Mix is good. Vocal processing sounds top shelf. Nectar2 has some great presets. As a slice of life song, they don't get any better than this. Great stuff, Tom

Tom - certainly appreciate all those nice comments.. There was a time when I mostly wrote slice-of-life songs - I think of it as my "John Prine days"... when I switched gears, I had to stop listening to Prine and Goodman and Newman or else they just kept coming... It's nice to be able to go back to these and get the kind of production to show them off properly. I don't use Nectar much - it did happen to work for this one though....