Thanks for all the great information.

I have a Casio PS-20 keyboard which has a full size 'hammer like' action that plays sounds from my Quadrasynth+ so this is my backup semi-portable system as of now. THe keyboard feel does stink though as I tend to play closer to the fallboard (or equivalent thereof)and the spring action is too tight so I have to learn to play back on the keys, towards the front of the board, to get enough leverage to make the notes play the way I want. Maybe that is a good thing for me to learn. I have scratch up my real pianos fallboard enough that I had to put a piece of plexiglass above the keys to protect it.

I haven't been in the Musicians Friends catalogs since I purchased the Quadrasynth so I am way, way behind on the technology that is available. What I think I am looking for now is the best sound upgrade that I can hang off a usb port to use with my laptop to use with ForteDXI and BIAB. By the way, is there any such thing as a 49key keyboard with anything like a real piano hammer type feel? I was very close to buying a really basic Fatar 49 key but it did not have a sustain jack.

Thanks very much,
Jim Lee