If you're looking for 16 tracks, unless they're going to be stereo tracks,why do you need to have two R16s? A single R16 already has 16 tracks available for recording. Why not just use one?

Now, if they are going to be stereo tracks, yes, you'll need to have two, but this also begs the question, do you really need two?

If you're going to do the final mix down on the computer with a DAW, you can record a cue track and seven stereo audio tracks, then copy the stereo audio tracks to a DAW on a computer, and then leave the cue track and record another seven stereo tracks, move them to a computer, and record two more stereo tracks. That gives you sixteen stereo tracks. As long as you leave the cue track in place, I don't see the problem.

Remember, the R16 is not limited to eight tracks of recording, however it IS limited to eight tracks of simultaneous recording. You said you were going to record each track separately, so you can record your cue track and 15 more tracks on one unit.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!