Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great song!! Very unique and spiritual! Reminds me of Richard Thompson who is on my borderline genius list. As much as I hate to make any criticism, I think Janice's vocal is a bit late (especially on the first half of the tune). She has a beautiful voice (and I loved your vocal-awesome), and I think you guys could blend very well but I would try to tighten up the sync (probably just a mix thing) and maybe put her voice a bit softer and maybe a little more verb and a little less high end. Absolutely beautiful song and great arrangement!! Take care. Greg

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
I really enjoyed this. The lyrical imagery is fantastic and the performance is very good but I have to agree with Greg that the vocal mix needs to be tweaked. I like what you are doing with this.

Charlie
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Lawrence and Janice,

We tend to agree with some of these responses.
We like the song and we're definitely in favor of a video to go with it.
As for the arrangement:
Lawrence, your voice should probably be a bit louder here and Janice's voice a little less loud.
We also think (but that's just our opinion) that Janice's second voice shouldn't be present all the time, considering the song's build up.

Regards,
R & AM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Lawrence and Janice,
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
I really enjoyed this. The lyrical imagery is fantastic and the performance is very good but I have to agree with Greg that the vocal mix needs to be tweaked.

I enjoyed the video.

Guenter

Thanks y'all. I'll defer to Lawrence's explanation of how this arrangement came about but I really like the way he took a straight harmony and built something completely new around the one solo harmony part. It's certainly different but for me it's much more
expressive of the lyrics than the original tight harmony version. I do appreciate everybody's insightful comments.

Janice

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Laurence and Janice. Really enjoyed it all. There is a fine strength and a biblical feel to the lyrics and Janice vocals are great. I like the interplay between the two voices. The dynamics develop nicely. Enjoyed the video, clinker dinghy and rifle toting cat. Nice one. Cheers.

Thank you! He wrote a heckuva tune. I was thrilled to be invited in.