Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Too often, a huge beginner mistake is to choose studio speakers that sound good (ear candy) and then the person wonders why their mixes never translate to the other systems very well.... car, stereo, etc....

There is a solution, and probably the best is to learn the speakers you are using. Mix at lower volumes as well.

IMO....see above.

I downsized a couple years ago for several reasons.
I used my trusty JBL4410's for 19 years and they are still stellar monitors....just didn't fit my 'downsizing' goal anymore.
Given the total subjectivity (previously mentioned) of monitor choice I was back at the crossroads of what to choose now?
I went to GC which was only a mile away.
In the store I listened to the Events, Behringer Truths, one other I can't recall now and the KRK Rockit 8's.

With confidence, to my ears, I went with the KRK's 8's (249 each) which had a noticeably more even sound over the spectrum and a smoother bass response (bass - front ported).
I wanted the 8's to push more air with less effort and feel there is a better presence of the music compared to using 5.5's.

I put on my own CD and the translation was perfect....for my ears, in my recording environ.
As also touched on previously, garbage in-garbage out.
I'm not one to leave a track as is thinking I'll fix it in the mix.
I do the track over.

Carry on...

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 07/06/14 10:40 AM.