In Bluegrass music there are many songs where the only instruments played are guitar and mandolin. I totally enjoy hearing a full band including fiddle, banjo, bass and dobro, but once in a while I like to sort of get back to basics with it. This is most enjoyable when you have a good friend who just happens to be a master of mandolin!

Van Atwell is a modest man who might shy from the description of being a "master", but I have been playing this kind of music for over 50 years, and can tell you, I have seldom heard anyone play with this kind of smooth, artistic touch! We wrote this fun song together a few years back.... well Van wrote it, I just added the last verse. We recorded this one live at the house a few years ago. I added the bass today with RB.

We were jammin' this song at the Father's Day Festival in Grass Valley when our good friend John Senior showed up wearing boxer shorts with those phony plastic butt cheeks. John calls the song "Water Up The Crack Of Your Butt!" Very funny John. Now if you think we are going through hard times in this country these days, just listen to the story of this poor Ol' boy! Water Off The Back Of A Duck

Learn more about my music at:
http://georgeireton.com/music-then-now