Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Janice, Bud, Tom & Floyd,

Rules? In our opinion, until someone is paying us, we make the rules ... what few there are for us. We love to experiment, mixing genres, reshaping existing genres and just saying "what the hell" and do something extemporaneous just cuz we want to.

We thought this was a great listen. Bravo for a project that ended up real nice. Different? Yep, to some degree. Wrong? Not to our ears. Creative? You betcha! Bold? Yep.

Tom's guitar screams sweet and Janice's voice melts in the mic. The arrangement was bold and sweet.

Uh, we kinda liked it!!!!!!!!

Alan & Di

Thanks y'all! It was a rare attempt at a "story song" and I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

Bud

Originally Posted By: gibson
Bud,
I do like the timbre of Janice's voice....
I thought that it was a bit of a weird instrument change at the words "later I found the blues", verse 3, but then the song took off,lovely build up, a bit like gently flooring the accelerator in a powerful sports car on a nice straight road,radio on loud.

Yeh BIAB is a wonderful program as it can easily take you into genres you never thought of before, it certainly changed my style of songwriting.

Rules.. MEH!! you only know what sounds good or not when you break them.
All kudos to you, Tom and floyd on this arrangement and I look forward to the revised version following Lawrence's idea.
DID I say that I like Janice's vocals?? LOL

excellent

Alyn

Thanks Alyn, I was trying to emphasize the word blues with the intro of the reso guitar lick -- may have gotten it too hot. I'll check it. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: nobilis
Amen to those vocals. Great story, nice guitars riffing too. and once the band was all in place you guys could have kept on going and i would kept on listening. Nice.

Thanks! We would have liked to extended the guitar jam with the band...but since I'd gone way past the "three minute" rule I hauled it it :-)

Bud