Greg,

Good to see ya back around!

A nice song and a nice recording.

The opening is terrific. The dual guitar lick over the acoustic, ending with the strum... very nicely done - leads into the vocal perfectly. Most people don't put in the time and effort require to get that transition right - kudos on that.

The build to the chorus is tasty. Your chorus "sings" so well. One of your best vocals. And the harmonies are excellent..

I like the piano that you have included. I think it needs to be brought up in the mix. A piano is a percussive instrument. If it is in a mix, it should be noticeable (this it my opinion, of course)... not used "like a pad". If you want that effect, organs or strings or steel are a better choice. (It's one of my "soapbox" items - can you tell?). Not to detract from the rest of the mix... because it is very nice!

The transition from the chorus and into the 2nd verse is another highlight. The dobro licks are nicely placed...and the repeat of the guitar signature is tasty - well done...

The bridge is exceptional. well written and really well played. The guitar under the vocal - another highlight. again, kudos on that.

(the banjo is a nice touch - I think that could come up a bit, too. I know it "a fine line" but I think that one could stand to be a bit louder).

Love that last "....and a home!" Very strong.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this (several times). This is how a country/rock/pop song should be produced. You kept it interesting and fresh from beginning to end.

Great job on this!!!

floyd