Hi Charlie,

Ha ha, no flashing nightlife in your town I take it? whistle
Thanks for your comments. You're probably right, the 'flashing' word should be something else, like vivid or trendy or something (I'm Dutch grin ).

The lyrics then. Yes, maybe some more explanation.
These were written about 9 years ago. They are about a young man who is talking to a beautiful woman in a trendy and noisy bar. The woman is clearly aware of her beauty and also of the fact that there's 10 other guys just waiting to make a pass at her. She's secretly flirting with one or two of them, but at the same time wants to maintain the conversation with the young man because she is 'kind of' interested
Now suddenly the young man, who was listening with much interest to her stories about the fact that she so eagerly wanted by men in general, takes off and is nowhere to be found. This leaves her in a powerless situation (at least for a short moment).

Although I have been in very nice relationships for most of my adult life (and therefore shouldn't complain), there always were those 'in between' periods when you are single and trying to meet women. The thing that constantly bugged me, was that it's always the guys 'role' to initiate contact with women. Although there have been some exceptions, it's usually the way it works here in Holland. If you don't do it, 10 other guys will. At the end of the evening it's back to your place, by yourself....
If you are kind of shy (which I was back then), you become painfully aware that you are simply 'offering ' yourself. With a reasonable chance of rejection.
Since most bars here are stuffed with guys, and relatively few women, you can picture the ''power" that's being thrown into a woman's lap (whether they asked for this or not). I've seen lots of guys around me ''throwing'' themselves in front of women (with usually no success). I definitely admired their guts but I've never been able to do this. It felt terribly wrong to me. Almost like begging.
This concept has frustrated me for years and years, often ruining the chance to a nice night 'on the town' for me.
It wasn't until I read Joshua Pellicer's book 'The Tao of Badass' that things finally fell in place for me. It's a great book that gives you all the insights in women you need, including every social situation involved. More important, it also taught me a lot about myself. Not long after the purchase of the book I got into a very satisfying relationship which I'm still in today.

Quit a story ey?

I'll get back to you on your question about our equipment later this week.

Regards,
Rob

Last edited by R & AM; 08/23/14 12:55 PM.

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/