Hello Charlie,

I just responded to a comment of Janice & Bud on World of Her Own.
I told a little about about our way of recording. Since you asked for some more info on this previously, here are some more details:

When we've created something in BIAB (we either use the melodist or enter chords by ourselves) we export every track as a separate wave file. Next we import all of them individually into Cubase.
There we can do some subtle but very precise editing of every track. Add vst FX, eliminate tiny mistakes etc. This part is actually most of the work. Since we are both perfectionists.
For the vocals recorded at Anne-Marie's place we use a Shure microphone (don't know the exact type, it's actually meant for recording acoustic instruments). At my own place I use a AKG D310 microphone.
The other tough part is the mixdown, but I've already explained something about this in my reply to J&B.
Although most used tracks are real tracks or user tracks, we also use MIDI tracks sometimes. We both purchased the Forte DXI synth which definitely enhances the midi quality. The piano on Through the Years is the DXI Forte grand piano. On top of that we sometimes use GM Soundfonts for MIDI tracks, like we did in London Town. Biab won't let you export MIDI tracks which are routed to a Sounfont, but you can save to entire song as a Midi file and then import this into the program Synthfont 2 (which I purchased - there is also a free version). Next you can export the midi tracks to wave at a 192.000khz/32-bit format.
Another reason why we sometimes export in midi is the fact that we can change the sound using various VST instruments.
On mixdown we always export at 96.000khz/192.000khz with a 32-bit (float) bit rate. Although our BIAB version only exports at 16-bit 41.000 khz this higher bit rate does seem to have an effect, at least on the vocals anyway.

If you have any questions on this, let me know.
Regards,
Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/