Originally Posted By: The Soundsmith
Thanks, Bob. Got it. BUT - why not create any new RTs on midi devices when it doesn't affect the performance? I doubt whether Keith would deign to record like that, but some of your stable might be cool with it.

The problem with this is the MIDI playback source. For instance a RT sax solo has 0.5 pitch bends when transcribed into MIDI. However if the MIDI play back source has the pitch bend set at one octave it will sound like crap. Also it the MIDI sound source is a cheap GM set then the sound will be terrible also.

Originally Posted By: The Soundsmith

These days I record my Nord piano keyboard as midi, edit my worst mistakes, then play back midi to record the corrected audio. Saves considerable time over editing the audio file. That way I get the best of both worlds - editing detail and sonic purity.

But in the meantime, I'll just detail out the tracks, now that I know what I'm working with. Thanks for the insight.

That is my method also, record in MIDI. If I use RTs it will be a cut and paste job to add to my MIDI song. YMMV

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware