Hello everyone,

Our new song:

Remember the days video

soundcloud.com/r-am-music/remember-the-days]Remember the days soundcloud (link no longer valid)

I consider Remember the Days our best song so far. Both lyrically and musically. But ultimately we leave that for you to decide whistle .
The first arrangement (as far as we know) featuring two user tracks as the basis of the arrangement: Rodneys beautiful Sleepy Vibrato user track and Hezy's Unchained Melody fingerpicking user track (which is played very constantly and tight) ,and the additional (always functional) bellpad real track.
Initially I created this one with the melodist (which also came up with this title) I immediately liked the chord progression, but it sounded too much like MIDI.
A couple of weeks later I downloaded all the user tracks of the user track contest. Definitely some very interesting ones there.
These two added something extra to the chord progression, which was kind of familiar to me, because these were the kind of guitar chords I used when I first started playing guitar and started writing (simple) songs.
The singing melody was created pretty soon. I tried to avoid the 'standard' singing notes in this very familiar chord scheme.
Then came the next challenge........... proper lyrics. I thought they would come easily. Well, they didn't.
I sat down one evening trying to write lyrics. Nothing came up. After two hours, still nothing...
I forced myself to keep going, I wanted to finish this song this very evening! No matter what (the kind of mood I was in....).
Then another hour later the first words started to come into mind. Not really convincing yet, but it was a start.
It took me another four hours (word for word) to get them right (I didn't get much sleep that night).
Anne-Marie, being an alt(o), did a very nice job with the backing vocal, which is pretty high-pitched.

We hope you like it, and as always: any comments are welcome.

Regards,
Rob

Lyrics:

promised myself I would never look back
cherish the memory and leave it at that
but lost in today it's coming back to me now
what could have been, what might have shown

you were older than me, so much brighter than me
as you stood on the porch that your daddy made
looking for love, looking for life in this town

are you still there, wondering too
embracing life, living it all for love
in a lonely place, in a sleepy town
dreaming away like me
as you fill up his days, doing his nights
keep him in line, loving his ways
keeping the peace, being his wife

at some point you wish that someday you tried
to lower the shields and let her love in
count back the days when love was in reach
I failed to give in, I failed to try
I'm older now, should be wiser now
I look for the love from back in the days

are you still there haunting me
are you far away in happiness
or are you one step away from me
looking down upon me
as you rush through the days
fly in the night, with golden boys
golden lives, golden loves, golden lies

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 09/26/17 02:04 PM.

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/