Hi Mario. Thanks for taking a listen. I was very pleased with the RealBand gate plug in getting the hiss off the tape. I use gates quite a bit due to low level environment noise. I have actually recorded nice tracks out on my deck in a fair breeze plus the natural birds, crickets and squirrels and easily captured a usable track.

Several others have also mentioned that midi may be a better choice for adding additional instruments. I recently purchased an Alesis 49 key midi controller but have not taken it out of the box and experimented with it yet. It's raining here all this week so being captive inside, may play with it some in the next few days. Prior to BiaB 2014 I used midi based styles from a Yamaha PSR-910 workstation keyboard. It had a 16 track midi recorder and I created backing tracks literally one track at a time and many times was able to modify an existing style as a starting point. It was rather tedious because I cannot actually play the piano. I have a picture book of piano chords and looked up each chord and practiced it to the point I could play a portion of my song without error and built my songs that way. Needless to say, I abandoned midi for real tracks with my purchase of BiaB. I am finding out some of the limitations of real tracks and also been playing with some of the abundance of midi styles in BiaB recently, thus the purchase of the midi controller.

I have imported these tracks into my Studio One DAW tonight and will try to bring out the vocals a bit and balance the stereo tracks and lower the harmonica in the total mix.

I appreciate your kind offer to help with midi and may have a few questions once I hook up the controller and work with a few songs using midi.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.