You compared the regeneration time between BiaB and RealBand while mentioning the RealBand regeneration is way long.

In some older posts (prior to the 2014 release I'm sure) somebody stated the way BiaB and RealBand handles regeneration differs greatly. I can summarize the explanation as: RealBand generates everything one time then plays while BiaB generates the beginning then plays with the rest of the generation happening during play. After the initial generation BiaB generates the whole song again while RealBand only generates when it's told to and what it's told to.

In my opinion, the different ways the two programs handle generation and regeneration is the most compeling reason for having two programs.

I'm following discussion with great interest because, sooner or later, I know I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

I know most off-the-shelf entry or mid level computers ship with motherboards that can take 8 Gig of memory and Win 8.1 (64 bit) with Bing. The bottom line seems to be 2 Gig with a 500 GB drive and the level above that 4 Gig with a 1 TB drive. So called desktop computers are getting scarce on retail shelves as all-in-ones and laptops are more popular and available within the same price ranges.

In some ways, now is a great time to buy a computer as $240 to $300 entry computers are plentiful and a little increase in money gets you a pretty good increase in ram or storage. Once you get above that price level though it quickly can get expensive..

For instance I can get a computer with 2Gig of ram and 500 GB hard drive for $238 or same model with 4Gig of ram and 1 TB hard drive for $258. However, to purchase an upgrade from 4 to 8 Gig of ram is $89.

Sorry for getting off track but I can easily relate to starting with a 2GB ram computer and trying to figure out the most cost effective way to upgrade it.

Last edited by JimFogle; 09/25/14 09:24 AM. Reason: added final comment.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home