Ok, starting to feel slightly overwhelmed here already by all these big responses! blush

Now, let me see if I can reply to the rest of questions & comments in one go:

"A few years ago, I (Alan) did a CD of taking Baroque Piano lines and adding modern backing instruments. I was real happy with it. Here's a link to one of them, if you are interested:"

Nice, reminded me a bit of that french keyboard guy, whose name now escapes me of course, very popular with the 'alternative' crowd back in the 70's-80's. And it's spelled 'Reykjavik'. cool

"It's easier if you save another copy of your SGU to remove the shots and holds... == ..Generate what you need for mixing in a DAW.."

Tbh, that whole paragraph made it sound more complicated than what I ended up doing, heh! I'm not even sure some of it is an option on my Mac version of BBox smirk Oh, and I didn't use any DAW either, it was all mixed and exported straight from the app.

"I'm glad you choose a popular public domain song. That made your arrangement stand out even more since we had other performaces of the material to compare against.

One of the music lessons that BiaB is teaching me is the importance of arrangement within the context of a song project. Your unique arrangement demonstrated the importance very well.

By the way, do you have a particular style or genre you prefer?
"

I do have a soft spot for that whole ''different angle' thing, it's also a good exercise when you've no new/original material to work with. And I agree with you on that other point, arrangement can be almost a make-or-break, for any music.
As for what I 'prefer', then my taste in music varies considerably (one benefit of being in the middle of a large family), and the things I like to listen to can differ quite a lot from what I actually make (yes, I have also made my own music, years ago). The latter is probably more to my own limitations as a player though, heh crazy

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)