Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Ryzard, I told ya. Or actually Mac told me and I told you. Don't doubt the Macster.

Second thing just follow Mac's second piece of advice to me and make sure there are other grounded devices plugged into your power strip along with the PC. As long as that's the case and the PC is never plugged into that strip by itself you're good to go using the two prong adapter. Mac said this setup is UL approved, what more do you need?

Keep it simple and get back to work man. You already said things are nice and quiet.

Bob

Hi Bob,
With respect to both you and Mac (who I suspect would agree with me in this instance), I still maintain that the current carrying capacity of the USB cable FROM the PC to the next device(s) is INSUFFICIENT to provide the protection that should be expected.

If the USB ground wire and latter PC board tracks were able to carry 30 or 40 Amps for a few seconds then I'd be happy with that, but that USB cable ground wire would be lucky to carry 5A for any length of time, and the PC board tracks even less I would guess (without having seen them of course).

I know people will continue to think I'm being over-conservative, but I have a very healthy respect for what electricity can do to the human body. It takes a mere 7mA (that's milli-Amps) across the heart muscle to initiate fibrillation. You can easily do that with a 9V battery if you can get it close enough to the heart! Of course, you'd need to have a hole in your chest laugh

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!