Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Good write! Mighty thought-provoking for a hard rocker!

"i can’t lie I can’t lie I can’t lie to myself anymore"

I really like how you came into your hook from one angle and finished it with another... Interesting from start to finish.

Love the production. I am not sure we have heard this type of a rocker done before. And, SO well done it is! It is always good to see (hear) someone take BIAB to a new place, a new level... to show one more thing that it can do in the right hands... You captured that sound perfectly.

Your vocal is strong. I would have liked to hear more reverb (a "dark" one?) on it (a personal choice, of course). The piano sort of "peeked out" a couple of times - would have liked to hear more of that, too (just me, you know - I like a strong piano...)

Super enjoyable. Listened a bunch of times - that guitar combination is still pounding in my head.

Great to have you back.

floyd

floyd, Glad you liked it. The vocal was purposely lacking any reverb. Just a little snapback delay and lot's of saturation. Some of the rock things I have been listening to have had no reverb, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's way better than my first version which sounded like a monster in a cave. I made a bet with myself that you would say- more piano. I won! Seriously when I turned it up it clogged up the mix and I wanted a guitar driven sound anyway so I thought the peeking worked OK. It's kind of a ghost effect like the high unison vocal. Just barely there. Thanks for sharing your observations. I always learn something. Tom

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Tommy you have been missed. And what a great track. Rock on! Seriously, I was loving every minute of it. Liked that ending too. Glad you're back.

Josie

Josie, Glad to be back and always glad to hear from you. Glad you liked the ending. That actually developed out of a mistake like so many of my better moments do. Tom