Thanks to all for your kind comments - if any of this music stuff can be called "labor," this little project was a labor of love, and as much for me as for Stella and her mom and dad. I've captured a little of the feeling of that gorgeous sunny day with Stella running around the yard, eating red peppers from our garden and pointing with glee at all the hummingbirds (my wife had 5 feeders going this year).

Rob, anyone who mentions me and Paul Simon on the same computer screen has my attention and gratitude (he's a major idol of mine for writing, singing, arranging, mixing genres, etc., etc.). smile Good point to check on sibilance. The esses all sound OK on my speakers and phones, but I will check it more carefully in Sonar. I'm sure there's an app for that. Or a bit of automated EQ.

I just noticed where you live - I will briefly be in the Netherlands in a couple of weeks, on one of my bi-annual customer tours with my European distributor, unfortunately just for a day this time, for ESA in Noordwijk (I'm an optical engineer in real life, and ESA is one of our software customers). This time it's a one-country-a-day tour so not much time to enjoy your lovely country.

Thanks again,
Bruce

SoundCloud
Blog: Music of the Spheres
Tools: BIAB 2015, Sonar X3, various iPhone/iPad apps