I think it's time for me to agree with those who disagree with me.

My stubborn opinion is that if you need auto-tune to get your vocals on pitch, you are not a singer. You could be a fabulous songwriter, an exciting performer, and/or a great dancer --- but part of being a singer to me is to be able to sing on pitch.

I worked very hard for years to get enough control to sing on pitch. I'm not a gifted, natural singer. I can manipulate the pitch on my sax easily, on pitch or intentionally off pitch by the degree I want (for expressive purposes). I sat first sax in the all-state band every year that I was in school. But the control of my voice took years of practice and training.

In today's market, we would have been robbed out of all the delights that Aretha Franklin gave us because she is overweight. Martha Wash proved that. And Aretha was on top of the pop charts so the pop music argument is lame. If there is another great singer out there without first class T and A, we won't get to hear her.

And that's sad.

I have nothing else to add to this conversation.

So as I said before, I just will have to agree with those who disagree.

Peace.

Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 10/19/14 06:16 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks