Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice and Tom,

What a wonderful listen!

Individually, your performances are as professional anything out there on the world stage. Collectively, your performances paint a masterpiece. Très magnifique!!!

I really liked the 6-line verses. The aabccb rhyme scheme is perfect and well set with two groups of two lines of shorter meter followed by one line of longer meter. (I was at a Steve Seskin seminar once and this line-length pattern of 'short, short, long' is one lyric-structure technique that he said he enjoyed working with.)

The arrangement (in particular, the stopping of instrumentation on line 2 of the chorus) is creativity at its most inspired.

There's nothing to criticize here. All I could do was sit back, close my eyes and enjoy smile In fact, I'm heading back there right now to do that again!

All the best,
Noel

Noel, thanks for the kind words. We ways enjoy your analyzation of the song structure. I have to admit I never think of those things in advance. I am concentrating on the rhythm of the words and how they roll off the tongue. I'm glad you liked the stops. Besides Janice's impeccable vocal that was my favorite part. Tom

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nailed it.

Nice bit on the drums.

Not really anything else to say. smile

David, thanks for listening and commenting, we appreciate it. Tom