I really like this song. I'm not sure that I noticed the changes much, but I liked the original post also. I think the sax is a bit softer, so some may be pleased with that change. I think with your current recording setup, you may want to experiment with adding some electronic reverb when you record your sax. I personally like to experiment with room orientation/size and multiple mic placements to try and get that sweet sax that most listeners seem to like. That Kenny G type of haunting tone. I played alto sax for years and learned that when I faced away from a listener, so they would hear the ambient tones, they preferred the sound as opposed to when they caught the sound direct with little ambient tone or reverb. It is really a minor thing that doesn't make a big difference to some and makes all the difference to others. I think saxophones and clarinets are some of the most expressive and versatile instruments available, but are also the ones that often generate the strongest opinions. You play wonderfully (I have listened to several of your songs) and I wouldn't want you to get discouraged or to quit adding your sax playing because some listeners don't find the recorded tone appealing. Great job and please keep the sax in your music.

Last edited by jgottlied; 11/02/14 10:16 PM.