Rob and Anne-Marie

You two are a very talented song-writing team! I always enjoy your songs.. never once have I been disappointed!

This song is particularly compelling to me, as I lost my dear wife a little over 2 years ago, and that event has forced me to consider the topic of your song every single day since then.

The topic, in my opinion, takes boldness to address. Small changes in lyrics or composition could have rendered it cheesy or patronizing. But you avoided all that with good choices; and as a result, you have a real masterpiece here.

Anne-Marie... regarding your video:
I must admit I was totally blindsided by your creative decision to morph the photo between an old man to a young man and back again! The song was halfway over before I caught on.. and when I did, the significance to the song really struck me! Very, very artsy!

When the strings began playing and you introduced the silky waves of smoke flowing across the screen, I almost expected the photo to morph into the moon and the smoke to morph into clouds... in the sense that the moon itself is ageless.. and it shines upon all of us at every age, from birth until the grave. But the film is perfect exactly as it is! Good Job!

Rob, back to you:
It's easy to get jaded on excellence when you hear it all the time. I EXPECT your songs to be top-notch, and they always are. But sometimes something about a song really strikes my fancy above all else, and in this song it was the way you introduced the strings. Strings are something else that can be used very badly. They can make a good song sound cheesy in a heartbeat... (don't ask how I know this). But your handling of them in this song was just perfect. Smooth. Melodic. Ageless in fact.

Sorry for rambling, but I think the effort required to write a good song is significant... and I think such effort on your part deserves something more than a sound byte in response. Especially when I like the song as much as I like this one.