Hi Jeff,

I was going to welcome you to the forum until I saw you've been here since 2011... but 25 posts in 3.5 years?? you must have a life or something! (unlike me) wink

I liked an awful lot about this song! In certain places it reminded me of Journey, a band I like quite a bit. I wish you had posted some information about the song, such as lyrics, real tracks used, parts you may have played etc.

I liked your explanation of why you created tension in the composition.. yes, that *IS* how life is. And I liked the message in the song.

I thought the suggestions being made were all very insightful (especially Herb's observation about non-root bass notes... that's something my mind has considered but never explored to that degree. Thanks , Herb. You've set some thoughts in motion...)

But although its customary in song writing forums to evaluate a song according the "rules", I tend to weigh in along the same lines as Bob (90dB).

Bottom line, I enjoyed the song quite a bit, and I look forward to hearing more from you.