Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hey floyd!

Another mighty fine work to add to the fj songbook. I'm going to pop back a little later to talk about the lyrics. At the moment, though, I wanted to feel the thrill of posting early in a thread smile It's such a rare event for me!

I love the way you've used waltz RTs and have turned out something that has the rhythmical lilt I associate with 6/8 rather than a waltz.

Really enjoyable music!

All the best,
Noel

Noel - I have to admit... most music terminology escapes me... I have no idea what 6/8 might sounds like... smile

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Floyd,

We tried to post this earlier (we would have been the first to react) but couldn't log in.

We like this one very much, both the lyrics and musical arrangement.
That style you are using is quite similar to the one I used in Amanda.
The lead guitar also sounds very nice, particularly those high-pitched notes, they do create a very nice atmosphere in the song.
The lyrics then: quite a complete story we think. The reasons why she's leaving become quite clear throughout the song.

Very well done!
Rob & Anne-Marie

Rob & Anne-Marie - thanks! I do appreciate that. I've started using Styles a bit more lately - I just poked around until I found something that seemed to fit this song as I play it on guitar and this was the result...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautiful job Floyd!! I tried to comment earlier but the site was down. Great combination of music and lyrics that perfectly delivers the melancholy emotion. One of my favorites of yours (although it is a pretty big list)!! Take care. Greg

Greg - Thank you! (time for your next one, too....)