I Like You is my latest song written for television. The lyrics, genera, tempo and vocal style are designed to fit the unique needs of TV. The button ending also fits that template. This is a simple song with painfully simple lyrics done in a pop style with a bit of modern grunge folk used to create emotional appeal.

The piece is 120bpm and is based around a core Cello loop taken from the Looperman web site that is copyright free and usable commercially. The base style used is POPPNOL.STY. but ultimately several loops were imported and used largely with Real Band once BIAB had generated the basic instrumentation.
Piano is acoustic PopLiverpool EV
Drums are NashvilleBrushesBalladPush EV16
Guitar is Bouzouki, Rhythm CelticReel EV16
Then several loops were added.
The backup vocals are the auto harmonies of Real Band done with a %75 female voice in the FolkVib style. One voice, up which is my favorite. My vocals were recorded here in my studio with a Blue "Reactor" Microphone. I took the rock power out of my voice and sang ever so slightly out of tune with to create the Folk Grunge. Doing the same with the backup singer added to the feel.

Thanks
Joe
Of Joe and the Reluctant Prophets

SoundCloud

Last edited by joesarahh; 11/13/14 11:19 AM.