Interesting concept song...

the idea of putting text that isn't specifically crafted as lyrics directly into a song isn't new in itself... it's fairly common in Christian music where passages of scripture are directly incorporated into a song. Handel's MESSIAH is perhaps the best known example of that.

Having said that, it's not as easy to pull of as Handel made it sound. Listening to a complex combination of words can become tedious, even in the context of a song. But as usual, you did a good job of making it work.

I wasn't real crazy about the harmonica, and here's why:
Whether you speak to a particular political party's point of view or not, the fact is that the party system has divided the country... and that division manifests in a variety of recurring ad hominem attacks that are specifically designed to portray the other party in a negative light.

One of those recurring attacks is to suggest that people who think a certain way are just a bunch of ignorant rednecks. Since the harmonica is more associated with bib overalls than tuxedos, I think its use in a politically oriented song biases the view instead of letting the message fall squarely in the middle ground that is where it stands to exercise the most influence. (It *IS* your primary goal to use this song as a tool for making people think, right?) It has been my experience that our highly polarized society encourages knee-jerk withdrawal from debate if there is the slightest reference to any of the hot buttons.

I may be over thinking this. If so, It isn't the first time. ;-)

LOVE your music, brother! I am SO GLAD you joined this forum!