Originally Posted By: horsthartung
Hi Pat...

I love reading your reviews....but who am I singing this song to? It's not to the people in Tuxedos....It's people like you and me and even in bib overalls. This is why I put the harmonica in the song. I'm singing to "We The People" all of us...not pointing to any party but looking at problems and suggesting solutions.

I'm trying to educate the young and help the old to remember important documents....and to make a stand.

I will always love you Brother Pat....

I thought that you probably included the harmonica to put the song at a very unpretentious and grass roots level. I would probably do the same thing. My point was to illustrate how your good faith approach could still get misconstrued depending on how the listener might choose to hear it.

And.. just to play the role of devil's advocate... people in tuxedos are also our fellow countrymen. Granted, it is very hard to make any kind of political statement without inadvertently drawing a dividing line between one group and another. I like to imagine an approach that focuses on what makes us all alike instead of on what makes us different.

I like the fact that you are a thinking man, and it spills over into your song writing. A head should be more than just a hat rack... and it seems yours is.