Hello Horst. This is a really good song and follows pretty closely how the song would have been commercially produced in 1972 in my opinion. Excellent lyrics, guitar, bass and vocals. This is a favorite style of music to me and I've really enjoyed the post.

A lot of musicians still learn the licks, chord progressions and harmonies from songs from this era and I would not be surprised to see country turn back to this style in some fashion some day.

This is a strong song that holds its own just like it is and if I were to make any suggestions to make it sparkle a bit more in genre is to say even on acoustic based productions, the harmonies BG Vocals and steel guitar usually had greater presence in the overall mix. You make good use of these in your production, but maybe play with bringing a few more background ooh's/ahh's into the mix and making the pedal steel guitar more active by playing some riffs along with the held notes.

Good comparison songs for the genre are Poco's just for me and you or Pure Prairie Leagues, Amie.

Immensely enjoyed the song as is,

Charlie

Last edited by c_fogle; 11/21/14 09:08 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.