Quote:
Pat, when Janice and I decided to venture back into making music after nearly a decade off your comments on our early posts were and remain very meaningful to us. Since we were experimenting way out of our bluegrass comfort zone we didn't always get a lot of support from our old music friends. This forum and folks like you gave us the encouragement to forge on.

that makes me happy!

Quote:
Father Time drew mixed comments from family and friends as it's more rock oriented than any previous efforts. We knew immediately that Tom's guitar was excellent and perfectly fit the song. However weren't completely sure if structurally, lyrically and melody wise we were on the "right" track for a roots rock tune. That's why responses like yours are such confidence builders and we always appreciate them.

friends and family are free to have their opinions... but I'm glad you have the strength of conviction to walk according to your own vision instead of mooing along with the herd. Creative people shouldn't moo. (there's a song there somewhere.. wink )

Quote:
You asked about the origin of the lyric. We all have seen many good caring people pass on way too early. And at the same time we see truly awful or even evil people live long lives. People without one whit of humanity. It seems that only Father Time brings them down. Yet it's hard to take solace in that as Father Time eventually takes us all. So I had no one person in mind - just a composite of a few personal encounters and characters from history and current news.

thanks for taking time to elaborate! Your lyrics did a great job of capturing the stated intent!

Quote:
Thanks for your remarks and interest in the lyric. And Janice was just overwhelmed by your thoughts about her vocal.

I always enjoy your stuff. I just hope you never hear the praise as anything but sincere. 'cause it is.