Originally Posted By: Rafa T
No surprise here, you make it again, another great song, another great performance, another fantastic arrangement with the realtracks, another absolutly profesional mix...

You are the gold man!

Congratulations...again ;-)

Rafa - thank you for all of that...

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
This is a really exhilarating song, Floyd! It is a bit of a departure from some of your recent "listening-room singer-song-writer" offerings... this one is all band stand and beer breath... LIVE music, you know what ah'm talkin' 'bout?

And given the topic, I can't imagine this song failing to drive any crowd to the dance floor. It might even inspire some geeks to go fishin'. (OK, maybe not. Geeks is geeks.)

The cadence of the lyrics is reminiscent of Eddie Rabbit's "Drivin' My Life Away"... a song that is a perennial favorite with gigging musicians... exactly because it always fills the dance floor.

Floyd, you have that magic! My soul is in greater danger of being traded to the devil than it was after the last song. I really can't believe how quickly you transition from one masterful work to the next. It boggles my mind. The selection of your word choices in these lyrics... "Drivin' like a jerk... gotta get to work" That's awesome!

And the way you used drums at the start of the song... even as a long term user, I can't understand how you pulled that off. I think that after adding up all my favorite things (can everything be the favorite? Apparently!) my "favorite" favorite part of this is the ENERGY! That doesn't happen automatically... you have to understand how the elements of composition build tension... and you da master, Floyd!

PS... this is one of your songs that I'd like permission to cover

Pat - What a nice review!... Thanks.. The Band is darn good at doing the rockin' thang...

The opening drums don't take a lot... just a bit of thought as to what you want to happen. I grabbed a "flourish" from the drum track and pasted it (on another track in my DAW) where the count-in would normally be. The first couple of lines are then sung over a kick on each beat - a sample that I pasted in that extra track - directly under where the kick or snare happens in the drum track, so you get that human timing - and, of course, turn the drum track off during that section - and a flourish coming out of that into the next line..

You are welcome to cover this! Let me know if you want the SGU...