Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom!

First of all... what a TERRIFIC opening acoustic lead! Well conceived, well played, well recorded. It's gorgeous. (and a perfect ending lead)

And it blends in perfectly with the RT acoustics - which sound beautiful, as well... whatever you did to them (or if you just left them alone) - they are right where they need to be.

The rest of the production - PERFECT. "Understated" and over-the-top pro quality. It's so good, you don't notice it. You simply listen to the song being sung.

And, OH!, what a vocal! WOW. As good as it gets.

BUT...

The REAL star here is the songwriting. There are very few writers who can do this. Write in a manner that seems "simple" yet packs such incredibly powerful emotion. It is almost indescribable. Danny was like that. At times during writing sessions, I would think that some lines that he wrote were not "crafted enough", but as I looked at them later realized how brilliant they were ("Keeper Of The Stars" is a classic example - he had a "gift"). This is a brilliantly written song. It ought to become a classic. Songwriting does not get better than this.

(it goes without saying that Janice was excellent!)

Perfect songwriting.
Perfect singing.
Perfect production.
Perfect partner.

As good as it gets.

Perfect.

floyd

floyd, After reading this, I don't deserve to feel this good. Thanks for all your support. Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Quote:
I am so glad that you're hanging around these days. Even when you say stupid stuff.

hahahaha!

Tommy, I wish you lived near me, man... I think we'd be good friends. No, I KNOW we would!

On a slightly different note: your quote above is the best compliment I've had in months. That oughta tell you pretty much all there is to know about the quality of my life. wink

Pat, To quote the great philosopher, Bugs Bunny " Might as well have a good time cause we ain't gettin out of here alive "