I must have heard this much differently than everyone else... I'm hearing Bryan Adams/ Journey 80s rock.. with a touch of U2 at places... and influences of contemporary Christian music. In fact this song would fit perfectly in the CC genre with no change to the music and minimal change to the lyrics.

I especially liked the mid-verse rhyming scheme.. that's something that doesn't show up here on the showcase very often. (I'm glad I got to post before Noel, because that's the sort of thing he would have noticed. bwa-hahaha! for the first time EVER I beat Noel to the punch!)

Anyway, Greg... your voice is highly commercial. One of the things that often makes amateur song writing noticeably different from commercial music is the quality of the vocals... but your voice compares favorably with anybody I've ever heard in genres that are like your songs.

And you have a real knack for fitting the elements of style into an appealing composition. I say that because not all songs that "work" are also appealing... but your songs consistently have real appeal.. the sort of thing that translates into "hits" in a commercial sense.

I really liked the distinct snare hits on the 2 and 4 beats, especially during the guitar solos. That's part of what gives the song an 80s feel... Journey did that a lot

Hey! Two enthusiastic thumbs up from me! (and I'm leaning back in the chair trying get a couple of toes up too!)