Originally Posted By: musiclover
Both version sound good to me Paul, if I had to choose I would probably take the first version.

mastering is a whole art in itself, I just started using ozone myself last year, mainly presets.

Don't know if you are interested but there is a free music production course on a website called coursera that comes up now and again and a lot on this forum including myself have done it.

Its run by the famous Berklee school of music om Boston and a brilliant course, if You haven't done it already I'd highly recommend it. Explains a lot about compressers and other stuff in music.

You have a very good pleasant singing voice, I really enjoyed the listen.

Musiclover

Hi Musiclover, thanks for the course you mentioned. Is this it? https://www.coursera.org/course/musicproduction

When you say you prefer the 1st version I was surprised. I'm replying to you on my Mac this time and had a quick listen to them both from here and because the speakers in the Mac are just midrange only the first version cut through nicer. But when I compare through my stereo and sub from my PC the 2nd version is clearly the winner. Although I'm still not happy with it as I think there's too much low end and it sounds a bit muddy.

1st version was done using Studio One Pro and Ezmiz presets. The 2nd version was completely Ozone, Nectar and Alloys presets. But my point is depending on the speakers depends how the song is received which makes mixing really challenging.

Last edited by PaulH; 12/03/14 10:33 PM.