Excellent!!

There's so much I really like about this. First, it's a ballad rock song... kinda reminded me of Procol Haram and Clapton in the early days...probably due to the mellow groove and the B3.... loved the B3.

The guitar.... man, that one caught my attention immediately. Nice tone, and tasty, tasty playing. I thought the intro guitar was wet but it worked fine.

Nice job writing both the song/melody and the lyrics. I'd like to see the lyrics in a post. Structure is working perfectly.

I think the vocals are great too.... nice lick going on with the BGV in verse 2.

Recommendations:

The vocals are good and it could be argued that with the style/genre, the level you have works..... HOWEVER, I'd bump them up a few db. Not much, maybe 2 or 3 should work.... I might even consider a volume envelope and just bump the vox were the music is fuller. Using the envelope and a small db level increase won't be noticeable, but the vox will float on the music a bit better.

Guitar: in the short turnaround solo, come up 3db perhaps 6db... let it be heard.

Ending: I would likely have added a few measures for a guitar outro..... but that's just me. I thought the ending could have been better. 4 measures in an instrumental tag.

Nice work.

edit: I also like the Scarbee bass tone.... nice! Good to see you played a number of the tracks live/midi in combination with the BB/RB tracks..... that makes for the most interesting and unique songs that get posted here.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 12/08/14 02:44 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.