FYI, I just bought a new laptop, an HP Pavilion DV7-1285dx 'Entertainment Center', with Vista-64 bit on it. I'm also beta-testing the new Windows-7 Release Candidate/64-bit O.S.

I installed 64-bit/Windows-7 last night, and I downloaded and installed the new beta driver for the X-Fi, USB_W7DRVBETA_US_1_01_0092.exe, and it's working extremely well. I got BIAB/2009 working on it pretty well... I did notice one weirdness: I had to install the Coyote/ForteDXi package, and as it was installing, I saw all of the various instruments flash by as they were being installed. When I actually started up BiaB and went in to configure the MIDI options, and selected the ForteDXi, the only thing showing up for the channels in the config window for the Forte was the line marked "Drum Kit"... All of the other instruments on the channels were not showing up.

So far, all of the songs that I have "frozen" work just fine, and all of the styles where I've tried the built-in Demo work just fine. I don't notice anything weird... But it strikes me as odd that none of the channel information shows up on the Forte/DXi...

Just thought I would pass it along...

(I don't play any games, so I don't know if the new Win-7 driver works with those or not, but I haven't noticed anything else unusual...)

"You play pretty good--for a girl."