Quote:

Hi Graham,

I have been away on tour and just logged in

We found the best way is to go to - Device Manager > Sound Video and games > Creative SB X-Fi Proerties > Driver - and either Roll Back Driver to the previous one OR Uninstall to remove the lot with "Delete the driver software for this device" checked if you feel comfortable with re-install - this is what we do

After reboot make sure that ALL applications are closed including those which go active at start up - like virus - spyware - etc before re-install of the driver update

jazzman

G'day Jazzman,

I am still envious of you having been on tour. Don't I wish!

Thanks so much for the advice. I let Windows do the replacement driver job and then made sure to close down EVERYTHING when the computer was doing the installation in the rebooting stage. Delayed close down now cured!

There are still a bunch of people over on the Creative forum experiencing the same problem but I am not sure they read my post when I passed on the info.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=142449

The support people at Creative don't do themselves any favours by not monitoring that forum of theirs themselves, do they?

Thank goodness PG Music are always willing to jump in on this forum.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."