Floyd: Thanks... I try.

Sslechta: Yup.... they're a good bunch of guys to jam with.

SO: To go more in depth on the behind the scenes info....

This was started in BB using the LA Hard Rock style. I deleted or muted all 4 of the original tracks

Bass 995
Real drums LA hard rock
Guitar 999
Guitar 996

the bass and drums in the original tracks were too mushy and not well enough defined for this tune. And while the guitar tracks were OK... they weren't me playing.... so they had to go as well. Sorry PG....

So I generated these instead:

Hammond B3 686
Piano 1564
Real drums hard rock modern even 8
and for bass electric pop shining even held 1253 and electric pop shining even sync 1254. I alternate the bass tracks with envelopes ....even held on the verses and sync on the chorus..... they have different energy levels.

Then I recorded my guitars and vocals.

My guitar is 4 tracks.... 2 are rhythm panned 100% opposite and lower in the mix.... and the 2 leads are higher in the mix....centered on solo and panned 20% on twins. They were mostly recorded on the Mesa Boogie mic'd with the Rode.... volume was low... clean channel. Ultimate Drive stomp box was the only FX in the guitar signal chain.... verb in the box. The second lead was recorded this morning using the POD2 for a slightly different tone. I'm digging the tone I got on this.... finally figgered a few things out.

Vocals.... one lead and 4 harmony tracks.... panned in pairs at 30% and 60% lower but not as low as I generally mix harmonies.

The ending..... major slow down..... I was blown away by the piano as it syncopated itself a bit naturally.... so freaking cool.... My favorite part of the song....

All mixing done in Sonar with surgical envelopes on the keys and some other things.... oh yeah and the secret sauce was applied there as well. (Propitiatory recipe)

I took some liberty with the words and melody to this old classic.

If I forgot anything or you have further questions.... just ask. I don't intend to hide anything about how I do what I do.... I simply use different ways to describe the tracks used. Sorry if it was too cryptic.... hope this clarifies it better.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 12/10/14 12:02 PM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.