Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really cool stuff!! I can see the Al Green. I was immediately hearing the "Steely" influence before I read your intro. However, lyrics are not nearly weird enough for them, and they don't do covers as far as I know. Really pleasant song and different than anything I've heard hear. Great work!! Take care. Greg

I'm with Greg with most of his comments. I heard the "Steely" influence too. I also think it's a really nice song and is certainly worth your time to tighten it up and add backing vocals. I think backing vocals and some harmony would benefit your end result.

While I think the overall song is good, I did not come away with that feeling for the intro or your ending. It was great once I got into the song and stayed great until the end of the song. From my personal standpoint, the intro did not seem everything was coordinated together and did not come together until right before you started with the vocals.

The ending seemed to be various instruments searching for a place to stop.

These are just personal observations and if they are playing as you intended for them to play, I simply missed your intention. Not that difficult for me to do. I always listen for what I think should happen, not necessarily to what the artist may be trying to achieve.

Still, overall, I liked the song and it was enjoyable to listen to.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.