Another "wow" for this. There is so much to explore in BIAB - I know there is now such a thing as "user tracks," but as long as I am still finding inspiration in all the pre-defined RealTracks, and inasmuch as I am not a virtuoso on any instrument, I figured I wouldn't be making any. But you've done something amazing with that BIAB feature and a set of "canned" loops (I assume that's what the Magix thing is, Acid loops maybe? I have some of those old Magix loop collections from maybe 10 years ago).

Years ago, when I first got Cakewalk Home Studio (now Sonar), I bought and downloaded zillions of Acid loops and tried to use them to make a few songs. I've used such loops successfully to add things to "standard" songs (like the pedal steel on my song Honky-Tonkin' at the Minibar, but the problem with building a whole song out of loops is structure. Acid loops will follow tempo and key, but building and modifying a song structure is tedious. This is where BIAB excels (flexible structure with styles and variations applied by sections and even bars, not to mention chord progressions). So I gave up on loops for anything but dance music (which I generally don't do).

You've shown how these two approaches can be merged in BIAB thanks to user tracks (and some hard work). Not only a proof-of-concept, but a cool and catchy song to boot! Very ear-catching! Good work!

Thanks,
Bruce

SoundCloud
Blog: Music of the Spheres
Tools: BIAB 2015, Sonar X3, various iPhone/iPad apps