Hi, Bob -

1. Are you playing a downloaded midi file or is this a Biab generated song?
I haven't tried with downloaded songs, but BIAB songs and my own recorded parts experience this.

2. Is it only with Kontakt or have you tried playing the same song file using other synths?
Don't seem to have this issue with other synths. I am thinking, though, that Trevor's solution is the solution. If your volume scale is limited to half the volume, it's just not going to work right.

3. Are you generating or regenerating some tracks using Biab styles?. When Biab generates a song it will put in CC7's for dynamics and presumably those will change every time a track is regenerated.

4. Is this only with midi tracks or does it happen with RT's or other audio tracks?
Kontakt is a MIDI soft synth, so audio or RT's won't play in this scenario.

5. Does Session strings create string sections and is that what you're using, sections as opposed to single violin parts? Could it be possible that the different parts of a string section will have different volume settings that could be automatically varied by Kontakt for realism? This would be similar to how Biab will slightly vary each regeneration of a song.
Session strings can do both. I don't think that's the issue, though.

Trevor can answer with his experience, as well.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com