Hi Greg!

I'm late to the party, but only because today is the first time I could get the song to play! Everybody else must have been wearin' it out, tying up all the bandwidth! And now that I've heard it, I can see why! Lots to say here...

first of all, your vocal range really blind-sided me... I was not expecting that after SCOTCH AND CIGARETTES, which had a different vocal feel altogether... both of which are excellent, by the way!

I'm a big Jackson Browne fan, but what I heard was Eagles all the way... especially since SAUSALITO has the same number of syllables as DESPERADO, and the notes sung on the word are almost identical to the notes of the word DESPERADO. Add the richly crafted backing vocals and that California 70s sound, and it was almost impossible NOT to hear the Eagles!

The song also resonated with me because I visited the Bay area for the first time last September, and the memories of the things you sing about are still fresh. I didn't make it to Sausalito... the closest I got was the ferry ride from Alameda to the ferry building marketplace in San Francisco. Just BEAUTIFUL there! I loved being out on the bay!

Getting back to the song, I liked the way you rhymed loosely to keep a natural feel for the song. Rhymes like "MIND + TIMES" and "BREEZE + GALLERIES" aren't perfect matches, but they work wonderfully in terms of painting the images you did so well. Very cool!

Also, I liked the way you deviated from the strict cadence of the beat in order to speak the phrase as opposed to letting it get "sing-songy" (for lack of a better term).. for example, the first time you sing "Sausalito, you're my kind of place". But I notice you also pushed the words ahead of the beat at the end of most verses. I thought that worked VERY well.

And regarding the clarity of the song's mix... well, it really is! (clear that is). It really shows off the real tracks too... the guitar intro just sparkles!

Another home run here, my friend! Keep 'em coming!