Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Originally Posted By: MarioD
[quote=PhillyJazz]T I have the utmost respect for PG Music and I don't think it violates a trust to have a DISCUSSION on a forum hosted by them on a topic germane to their products. As far as I know, Canada upholds the rights of free speech in the same manner as the U.S.

Quote:
I agree. We can talk about copyright laws and the breaking of them we just can not post any copyrighted music.

That's not a complete answer.

Originally Posted By: Phillyjazz
As far as I can see, nobody has violated the forum rules by either POSTING links to sites that infringe copyright or requesting same. As far as I know (and I am no a legal scholar) poor taste is not a crime.

Here you're saying you don't think it's a problem to post a link to a site that infringes copyright after I quoted that exact wording from forum rule #8. Ok...

8. Posting (or requesting) links to songs, music or other copyrighted material is forbidden.

"Posting links". You guys just missed this I guess. If that's condescending I apologize.

All I did was mention the OP should stop talking about illegal downloading on the forum. I didn't say if I agreed or not or if I cared or not or if people have used fake books for years or not or any of that crap. All I did was point out the forum rule about that. Amazing how some read things into written comments that are not there.

Also, there is no such thing as free speech on a private forum. They could completely ban any discussion on any subject other than three chord blues in the key of C if they wanted to, it's a private forum.

Bob

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is why I asked if you were an ADMINISTRATOR of the forum. THAT is who gets to decide what is and is not allowed.

"Here you're saying you don't think it's a problem to post a link to a site that infringes copyright after I quoted that exact wording from forum rule #8. Ok..." WTF??? Where did I EVER even INTIMATE or IMPLY that I "don't think it's a problem?" If you are having difficulty interpreting standard written English, that is something I can't solve. I am done with this thread. I do not have time to deal with misinterpretations of clearly written statements.

Last edited by PhillyJazz; 12/30/14 05:13 AM.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables