as usual, I can't get Sound Cloud to play. ;(

As soon as it works, I'll be back with my 2 cents' worth
----------later----------------------

Got it to play on a different computer!!

I actually like the original style of music (house, progressive, trance, whatever they call it), so I can't honestly dismiss the other entries because I don't like the style... but REMIX??? Give me a break!! They all sounded the same!!

Yours is the ONLY one that actually cast the melody in a different light at all... and for that reason, if they pick 4, I would be inclined to think you have a pretty good chance of being in that group (depending on their criteria for making the decision... if it's anything like "WE WANT 4 SONGS THAT SOUND JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL" then you won't win. Good. You wouldn't want to win by those guidelines!

Another thing I notice is that the lyrics are noticeably clearer in your mix than in 90% of the other mixes. Maybe they aren't usually mixing songs that have vocals and they don't have a plan for bringing them forward in the mix... but that's the first thing I noticed when I got to yours...

But Guenter... how do you do this??? I can't even imagine a starting point for doing what you've done here! But I see why you like these remix contests... you're really good at this kind of song mod sorcery!

Did you ever hear anything from the other remix contest you entered? I thought your entry in that contest was the best one too.

Please keep us posted... I'm very curious to hear what they think is a good remix. But, regarding yours... I am very impressed!

PS: I notice some of the remix artists gave their version a different name besides I MISS YOU.
You could have named yours "HOW CAN I MISS YOU IF YOU WON'T GO AWAY?"
wink