Cool tone on the guitar.... smoking hot... and the tone works perfectly with the style of the band.

With jazz, you can really stretch out and play some cool stuff on guitar, however.... you gotta know where it's going. And you need to think out of the box a bit.

I couldn't play my country licks and scales over a jazz prog without making changes to certain notes.

What I'm saying is there's a few places where you ended up on a "less than optimal" note or playing in a scale that didn't "mesh" properly with the prog the band was playing.

Listen to the way the sax played. The guitar needed to have some of that same "freedom" with the groove. If you have the time.... you could go back and edit just those certain notes that were obviously a less than perfect fit. Punch in/Punch out is your friend in situations like this.

I think part of the issue was the progression. It wasn't a simple or straight up 1,4,5. There were all sorts of chords in there which is what jazz does. There have been songs I generated using melodist that were really, really cool..... however, when I attempted to put a guitar part on it.... just suffice to say... no one but me ever heard that attempt. It wasn't pretty. I'm a country/rock guitarist by nature and when I play Jazz... well that country rock experience shows....and sometimes not in a good way.

Please don't think this is a "down on you" commentary.... it's not. I'm simply saying, this guitar part needs some tender loving care and a bit more work.

Of course, this is also simply my personal opinion as a musician and guitar player.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.